Arc'teryx Theta SV Bib - Men's
Alpine professionals asked for a pant that would deliver protection from the elements in four seasons of wet, nasty weather, and Arc'teryx answered their call with the Men's Theta SV Bib. Built with reinforced paneling in the knees and butt, waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Pro fabric, and a high-rise bib to fully seal out the elements, this pant pulls no punches in high alpine weather. Look towards this bib if you need a tough, full-coverage pant for expedition mountaineering, serious backcountry skiing, or alpine climbing.
- N80p-X face fabric has a high durability-to-weight ratio designed to fend off highly abrasive surfaces like rock walls
- Gore-Tex Pro waterproof breathable fabric is highly durable and guaranteed to keep you dry in wet conditions
- Gore-Tex waterproof breathable fabric uses a three-layer construction that blocks wetness on the outside but still allows moisture and sweaty vapors to escape from underneath
- Anatomical patterning gives this bib a fit that's designed to allow unrestricted movement
- Suspenders are easy to adjust to length, and a laminated internal belt helps to keep the waist of the bib from riding up or sliding down
- Suspenders attach at the front of the bib so you can unzip this pant, drop the seat/back, and do easily what needs to be done
- Reinforced knees and butt further increase the durability of this pant at areas of high abrasion and wear
- Full-length length side zippers are water tight and stop below the level of a climbing harness or backpack hip-belt
- Water tight (WaterTight) crotch zipper opens all the way through the crotch to give you full access as needed
- Pleated bib pockets sit close to the body so they won't catch on your upper layers when you're moving
- Keprotech in-step patch protects the bottom of the leg openings from wear and tear and inside there's an additional ballistic nylon patch for a extra durability
- Attachment points keep the laces of your boots in place inside the leg openings
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
Better than advertised...
August 19, 2012
Corrections first: Backcountry.com states 3/4 zip... actually they have full zips...Backcountry.com says no gaiters, uhh they have gaiters that fit around ski boots just fine. By dropping the seat back they mean your front suspenders are fixed and you can un-snap the very nice double snaps on each side of the rear pant.
Fit wise...brilliant cut... ordered a medium long, not that I really need the long but just happen to like things staying down and not crawling up my boot. Looks better imo too. I am 5'11" 164-166lbs with a bit longer legs. I wear 33x34 Levis or 32" in Kuhl or 33" in slacks...you get the picture.
Material is definately softer to the touch than past hard shell pants I have owned from the Arc. Feel much more supple than say Norrona Lofoten. No krinkle really either. At least not annoying. Feel really good on. I also own some Peak Performance stuff (awesome btw). Ski season is a ways off but will say from a fit standpoint probably my top fit and look of all time or a very close second.
Research out-of-stock versions:
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro Shell (3-layer); [face fabric] N80p-X nylon; [reinforcements] N150p nylon; [instep] Schoeller Keprotec
- Fabric Waterproof Rating:
- guaranteed waterproof
- Fabric Breathability Rating:
- guaranteed breathable
- Side Zips:
- yes, full-length
- fully taped
- laminated internal belt
- 2 front
- 1 lb 6.9 oz
- Recommended Use:
- alpine mountaineering, expedition climbing, backcountry skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty: