2009 Model No Longer Available
4FRNT Skis VCT Ski - 2009 BCS
Whether you’re a charging backcountry skier or freerider, the 4FRNT VCT Ski does not disappoint. Both light and heavy riders can find a match for any terrain—the 182cm and 189cm models are burly planks for the big lines and steep, open bowls of the West, while 168cm and 175cm lengths are dialed for all-around backcountry and sub-treeline powder skiing anywhere.
- Hi-Lite wood core for an energetic pop and smooth flex
- X4 Dampening System uses laminated elastometric rubber foil for an extra smooth ride
- Fully wrapped edges add durability for repeated seasonal abuse
- Softer tip to stay afloat in deep snow and a more rigid tail for landings
Got a shot? Share it.
Talk shop with all the gear freaks out there: ask 'em questions, upload/browse photos, and give your 2¢.
I'm looking for a ski that can handle east coast trees, east coast dumps, and east coast wind drifts. It doesn't need to be a super fat (this is the east coast) and it doesn't need to perform super well on groomers, becasue I've got my beater slaloms for that. Park performance would be nice too, but doesn't need to be the purpose of the ski.
I'm 5'9", 189, and returning to skiing some time away in the Peace Corps. My question is this: Can the VCT do what I want it too, and is the 175 too short, or should I step it up to the next size?
Also, is the turbo a better option?
By: Christian Tuttle
July 23, 2010
Hey Chris. Good question. The VCT could be a good way to go. It is a little wide for the East Coast, but that would be the only knock that I would put on it. The Turbo version has a bit more early rise to the tip and tail which gives it a bit more float. If you frequent Jay Peak or any of those big snow guys in the East Coast, give those a shot. If not, then stay with the regular version. Also, the 182 would be your size if you like medium to longer turns and faster speed. Only go with the 175 if you are a short turner exclusively.
By: Wally Phillips
July 28, 2010
- 168cm, 175cm, 182cm, 189cm
- [168cm] 124 / 100 / 116mm
- Turn Radius:
- [168cm] 24m; [175cm] 25.1m; [182cm] 27.6m; [189cm] 28m
- Q-45weave sandwich, Deflect ABS sidewall
- Core Material:
- Hi-Lite wood core
- Isosport Sintered 2000 Base
- Early Rise
- Binding System:
- Binding Included:
- Recommended Binding:
- [Pair, 182cm] 9lb 3oz (4173g)
- Recommended Use:
- Backcountry touring, gate-accessed sidecountry, all-mountain freeride
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 Year